1.4K views

Please add me to your lawsuit. fxnewman@hotmail.com

20 years ago, we joined Monarch largely because they told us that they would be building a hotel in Hawaii within 5 years. That turned out to be a lie or, at least a dishonest sales ploy to get people to join.

We have felt cheated about that for a long time. We have also often been disappointed and even embarrassed at the quality of the Monarch facilities (not real clean, with cheap, falling apart furniture etc.)... not at all what they sold us on.

As I'm sure has been the case for many others, about two years ago we were informed that Diamond Resorts bought-out Monarch and we were led to believe that we then automatically became members of Diamond Resorts. That belief was supported by the fact that we then had access to a number of, but not all, Diamond facilities. We wondered why we could not access all of their resorts, but it was never something we worried about too much, simply because we couldn't afford to vacation much anyways... largely due to the exorbitant fees and dues we had been charged by Monarch for so long.

Then, about two months ago we were invited to and attended an Update Seminar put on by Diamond Resorts, with the slick sales pitch and all. At first, we were wondering why it sounded like they are trying to sell us on something AGAIN. Then, by the end of the presentation, we learned that we needed to buy into Diamond to become official members! We were very upset because, as we told them, we thought we already were members of Diamond, since they bought out Monarch. Nope. Now they said that we needed to buy into Diamond in order to get out of Monarch.

Upset, but not knowing the legality of what they were doing, we felt we had no choice but to pay whatever we had to in order to get out of Monarch. Otherwise, we would have to keep paying THEIR insane ever-increasing maintenance fees (now at over $330 per quarter - which, since the buy-out, we thought were Diamond's fees), which we had been watching go up and up. Of course Diamond told us then that their fees would be less, but it appears that they are actually more!

The amount that Diamond required we pay to become official Diamond members was a whopping $12,000 (at a ridiculous interest rate)! And after several of what were claimed to be their most valiant efforts to negotiate that amount lower with the corporate office, that was "the absolute lowest they could go".

So it seems that our Complaint in this lawsuit would be against both Monarch AND Diamond:

We believe that no Monarch member should have had to pay anything at all to become a Diamond member, as Monarch members had no say in the buy-out nor in how it was to be carried-out etc. They were obviously just along for the ride and the ones who would be left paying for a business deal that they had no control over and had been forced into.

Considering that we are now on the hook for another $12K, and also that there are thousands of others in the same boat, we are talking about a serious lawsuit.

newman5 wrote the review because of not as described at Monarch Grand Vacations. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Monarch Grand Vacations to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was huge maintenance fees and high maintenance fees dishonesty. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Monarch Grand Vacations timeshare for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I’d like to join the lawsuit too.The HOA fees are too much and we do not get to use Diamond Resorts Resorts.

I’ve been a member since 2001.

The upgrade to Diamond was too much.We should have had all access to their Resorts.

I was tricked into paying the maintenance fees and then told I couldn’t used my points because they were under different ownership and i didn’t have enough points that I would need to upgrade my points. I originally paid around $16,000.

I’ll jpin the lawsuit

We would also join the lawsuit.We too were told that we had to upgrade to Diamond in order to have all the benefits, a huge $75,000.

We did not bite at the Update Luncheon.

We should automatically be Diamond members with no additional costs or fees.wmpierjr@gmail.com

We too have been forced into signing there sampler plan as we advised them several times we couldn’t afford their prices.They don’t care and tell us that if we don't take the offer we will end up paying a lot of money for our dues and won’t get to stay anywhere as the diamond member will receive first priority.

We purchased MGV in 1999 and has been paid for in full since about 2002. This is a bunch of crap and I’ve never felt so victimized in my life until we left these meetings which we were forced into while attempting to enjoy our vacations. We have 166 points with MGV and I found it interesting that I don’t think our diamond points were much more than the other person who posted that had about half that amount.

Don’t understand and hate that we never get the truth, just lies and whatever they want to tell you to force you to purchase Diamond.Would love to be part of the suit.

I just had this happen to me today and was advised by a third Diamond Resort member named Rich at Cancun resort I could possibly be sued if stayed with the bankrupt Monarch Resort plan. I would need to pay the other 1/2 of deed (had starter package so points every other year) this cost was 12k with downpayment and monthly payment . Let me know if the lawsuit went through.

Sparky.ds80@gmail.net

Please keep me informed regarding law suit.

Thanks

Dallas, Georgia, United States #1351555

Yes, diamond is really working to bend us over again.

Law suit please.

Keep me informes

Whittier, California, United States #1330201

Count me in Frank this is crazy the amount of fees they are charging and you cant get into the resort yet on Groupon there are rooms for rent

Old Fort, Ohio, United States #1266160

We were also told the same thing about Hawaii and now Diamond Resort wants us to pay more money to move into their system.We met with Diamond Resort this weekend and they told us we will be getting a special assessment bill in the near future because all the Monarch Resorts have Millions in repair that are needed.

They told us we need to move to Diamond before these fees are assessed. The sales rep also told us the owner of Monarch was a crook and he was skimming off the top of both Monarch companies and that is why they went bankrupt.

I am also up for a lawsuit to get out of this mess.awelch31@gmail.com