Resolved: Monarch Grand Vacations - Availability

Paseo Malecon S/N, Lote 11, Fonatur, Zona Hotelera, 23400 San José del Cabo, B.C.S., Mexico
Resolved

Update by user Sep 21

Management intervened and resolved the issue.

Original review posted by user Sep 11

Diamond Resorts is now denying availability to its Cabo Azul and other tropical resorts to any member who also has points from Monarch Grand Vacations, even after they have purchased points from Diamond Resorts. This is the first year this has happened since Diamond Resorts acquired Monarch Grand Vacations (about a decade).

Notwithstanding the fact that such members have paid their dues faithfully for the entire period of their ownership, the management of Diamond Resorts (which changed hands a year or so ago) has arbitrarily taken this step to force member to purchase additional points.

The words "racketeering" and "fraud" come to mind. This would be an excellent class action suit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monarch Grand Vacations Vacation Ownership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 11.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Have to get out

Been an owner for over 15 years. Ever since Diamond took over I have been unable to get the unit I want at the right time.

Can't get the time in exchange places either. Want to sell or give away. I am now disabled and my husband is very sick and disables. Both of us are 100% disabled with the VA and have over 30 years combined military service in the

Air Force/Marines.

At the last "owner's update" (what a joke), they tried to sell us more and kept us from leaving the presentation. HELP!!! We are both on Social Security disability now and simply can not afford the quarterly maintenance fees. And since Diamond, the fees are even higher.

We really don't know what to do if they will change our credit because of non payment. The timeshare has been paid for $36,000 worth.

Preferred solution: sell timeshare.

I didn't like: Monarch bought by diamond resorts.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 23.

Monarch Grand Vacations - I had a bad experience with Monarch

I bought 155 points and every time I need to use my points they told me different story, I tried to sell and they just wanted to give me $50 ridiculous when I paid $16.000 I would like to be in your list

Maruixtla7art @gmail.com

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 01.

Monarch Grand Vacations - My Most Expensive Mistake

Without going into the same sordid details that others have similarly described, my wife and I feel like complete fools. We believed that charming gentleman way back when we were sold the bill of goods that became the nightmare of Monarch.

We have now have lost all the money we paid (including fully paying for the ownership level we selected) because we refused to also provide the annual $3600 maintenance fee.

Of course, as others have done I'm sure, we've spent hours on the phone with them, written numerous notes -- all to be told it's our problem. In the end, we have contacted a state legislator in Florida to ask whether some legislative solution exists to protect consumers against Monarch's (and now Diamond Resort's) unethical practices.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 13.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Mgv and diamond resorts

I've owned mgv for 20 years I'm being charged by both mgv and diamond resorts ..I shouldn't have to pay membership fees at diamond ! I also have paid my assestment fees yearly.they tried to get to convert to diamond only said no.

I also purchase sampler and was never able to find resort available.. waste of money...

I would like to be part of lawsuit!!!!

Spiritup01@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Monarch Grand Vacations Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 01.

Monarch Grand Vacations - We feel ripped off

Owner since 1990, mortgage Paid in Full yet unable to enjoy the fruits of my hard labor because of THIEVES!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 12.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Scam that needs to be shut down

Quality of Food

We have been to two ‘presentations.’ This company is a huge scam. They use different buildings each time, they use ‘hard sale’ tactics to close the deal.

They absolutely do NOT let you ‘think about it’ and get back to them - it’s ‘give us tens of thousands of your $ now or you can never get a deal with us again.’ The prizes they offer for coming to the presentation (with no commitment to buy) are bogus - ours was a free 2 night stay at what turned out to be a condemned roach-infested, blood-stained motel. Someone who has actually given them money needs to start a class action suit to shut this company down and get people their money and peace of mind back.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 21.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Insane fees

I called monarch because I can’t pay their quarter fees anymore. Our timeshare has been paid off for years and we keep getting those bill for their fees.

They said if I stop paying it will be in our credit report. What can I do ?

Product or Service Mentioned: Monarch Grand Vacations Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 10.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Giving away time share

2.2
Quality of Food

My time share has been paid off for the past three years. Ever since Diamond Resorts took over I have not been able to make a reservation.

I want to simply give the time share away. Please contact me if you are interested. 661-205-4814. The transfer paperwork is easy to complete!

The interested party will only have to continue paying quarterly fees.

I have personally contacted Diamond Resorts and they say a lot of people would be interested in this opportunity but Diamond Resorts are unable to assist me. I started to get an attorney but I decided to try this method first and hopefully be able to bless someone with a timeshare

Product or Service Mentioned: Monarch Grand Vacations Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: allow for me cancel membership.

I didn't like: Unable to make reservations to popular places, Monarch bought by diamond resorts, Fee huge maintenance fees and fee increases.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 26, 2017.

Monarch Grand Vacations - Same experience as other people listed above.

Quality of Accommodation

I don't know how to get all my money back.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: I like idea of having vacations, Having vacation in the resorts.

I didn't like: Fee increases, High maintenance fees dishonesty, Huge maintenance fees, Fee huge maintenance fees and fee increases, Monarch bought by diamond resorts.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 09, 2017.